Doug has over fourteen years of private equity and venture capital experience. Prior to joining Portland Private Equity as a Partner he was responsible for co-founding and leading two successful investment management...
Portland Private Equity’s value creation framework is anchored in the investment tenets established by its Chairman in the mid 1980’s. These tenets are:
- Own a focused portfolio of businesses
- Seek businesses that are in attractive market sectors
- Understand these businesses well
- Prefer businesses which prudently leverage external capital
- Build these businesses for the long term