Michael Lee-Chin is Chairman of Portland Private Equity and sponsor of AIC Caribbean Fund; founder and Chairman of Portland Holdings Inc., a privately held investment company which owns a collection of diversified...
Portland Private Equity’s value creation framework is anchored in the investment tenets established by its Chairman in the mid 1980’s. These tenets are:
- Own a focused portfolio of businesses
- Seek businesses that are in attractive market sectors
- Understand these businesses well
- Prefer businesses which prudently leverage external capital
- Build these businesses for the long term